作 者：William McGuire
出 版 社：Wiley
I S B N：9780471376514
The aims of the first edition of Matrix Structural Analysis were to place proper emphasis on the methods of matrix structural analysis used in practice and to lay the groundwork for more advanced subject matter. This extensively revised Second Edition accounts for changes in practice that have taken place in the intervening twenty years. It incorporates advances in the science and art of analysis that are suitable for application now, and will be of increasing importance in the years ahead. It is written to meet the needs of both the present and the coming generation of structural engineers.
* Comprehensive coverage - As in the first edition, the book treats both elementary concepts and relativity advanced material.
* Nonlinear frame analysis - An introduction to nonlinear analysis is presented in four chapters: a general introduction, geometric nonlinearity, material nonlinearity, and solution of nonlinear equilibrium equations.
* Interactive computer graphics program - Packaged with the text is a CD-ROM containing MASTAN2, a MATLAB based program that provides for graphically interactive structure definition, linear and nonlinear analysis, and display of results.
* Examples - The book contains approximately 150 illustrative examples in which all developments of consequence in the text are applied and discussed.
Entire book and illustrative examples have been edited extensively, and several chapters repositioned.
* Imperial units are used instead of SI units in many of the examples and problems, particularly those of a nonlinear nature that have strong implications for design, since the SI system has not been fully assimilated in practice.